After pacman...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/After pacman...

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#1]
Wath is the best game that you could do after creating a pacman? (only for training)
pls tell me your ideeas and if posibly even some place where I could fin the necesary gfx

Brendane(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ms. Pacman?

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#3]
huh?
I created a pacman-like game and now I need to start on another
I need to train if I wanth to be good at blitz so wath is the game I sould be working next?(just a rough ideea)

Brendane(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ms. Pacman - it's like Pacman, but with a pac woman.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#5]
dude i need to make something more advanced...(like a diferent game)

Brendane(Posted 2006) [#6]
Just a lighthearted jest mate.

How about a scrolly tilemap Mario style game? Take what you know from pacman and allow scrolling, pathfinding and state machines for your enemy characters.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#7]
hmm...
Good ideea
i will exercise with pathinding and tilemaps in this way :D
BUT! i don't have any top gfx...(do u know where I could find some?)
Also keep the ideeas comming cuz one might be better...

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2006) [#8]
Why not keep with the same gfx?

Just expand the pacman game into something completely new.
Just keep adding bits to it. As said, you can start with a scrolling map and path-finding routines for the baddies. Make em more intelligent.

In the end you might end up with a pacman game that may actually atract some attention :)

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#9]
good ideea man

Dock(Posted 2006) [#10]
You could try something like Bombpac or Super Pacman. Those games have complex levels, puzzles, keys, etc, but retain the same basic pacman graphics and control.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#11]
I dont believe you finished a working version of Pacman

deps(Posted 2006) [#12]
Make a Gauntlet clone!
It's like pacman with 1000 ghosts, and a lot of shiny things to loot.
Add some multiplayer to that too. (up to 2 players on the same computer to keep it simple)

Jesse(Posted 2006) [#13]
@sanctus
I am with H&K (made a pacman!?). From the stuff you have been posting I think you should stick with something simpler like a pong game or more challenging like a tetris and space invaders. those are basic beginner games. try making them in oop. that should be a real challenge to you. Even better (if true) convert your pacman game to bmax.

I would really love to see your pacman game. I promise, it is not to make fun of it but to see your skills.

-no harm intended. this is only constructive criticism based on your forum posts.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#14]
yeah u'r right it wasn't made on bmax... instead on b3D(the 2D version of it)
It wouldn't be a bad ideea to try to reamke it in bmax(I will learn some things for shure)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#15]
Another idea after pacman is something like Breakout as it has a lot potential stuff you can learn and add:

- Collision inclusive collision response (physics by reflecting balles, reflecting it differently depending on wall material etc)

- Possible multiplayer mode (imagine pong but with a breakout field and powerups in between?!)

kochOn(Posted 2006) [#16]
Hi man!

My first game was PacManiac and got some cool features like jumps and boosts.
I Think that most of the games already created could be easily powered with new simple stuffs...

köcHon