Making modules on OSX

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Making modules on OSX

Warren(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm missing something here. :)

OK, I created a module successfully on my Mac. I've got it building and creating the .ppc.a files in the mod dir but it's not generating the .i files, which appears to be some kind of interface specification. I can't use the module without the .i file as my test program won't compile.

So my questions are:

How do I create that .i file for my mod?

Do I have to create it by hand?

Should it be autogenerated whenever I do the "Build Modules" command from within MaxIDE?

Anyone? :)

Warren(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ahh I see now ... case sensitivity in the file/folder names matters greatly. If the case you use isn't consistent, you'll get a built module but no interface files on OSX.

Fair warning!

H&K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Warren, dont suppose you want to knock together A page or two on how to do it, and then post it in the tuts do you?

Warren(Posted 2006) [#4]
Sure. Give me the info as to where the tuts are and how to edit them...

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/topics.php?forum=112

Errr, create topic

Call it for example

"How do I create that .i file for my mod" (for example)(Or more general if you could

Im probably being demaning here, but this is one of those topics that I just dont get (and Im sure Im not alone). And your second post is so... well you know (Useless if you wanted to know how to get to this point). I was hopping that this thread would be longer, so as to learn from it, if you know what I mean. Because often someone would come along and step by step cheak with you that you had done things right, with you comfirming things