Listbox glitch, any idea?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Listbox glitch, any idea?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi!

I noticed that the listbox icons aren't updated as they should be. When I use SelectGadgetItem in my app, the items sometimes are not redrawn properly (see left image part for this).

Useing RedrawGadget in the main loop solves this issue, but I get other graphical glitches then. :/

Any idea how to get rid of this issue?
Is the Listbox really redrawn EVERY time when the use clicks inside of it?

Grisu

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#2]
I have that exact same issue but I thought it might have been my dodgy code (as I couldn't find a short example to reproduce it). I'll see what adding RedrawGadget() does and hopefully it should fix it (as it did with you).

Have you got any ideas for example code we could post inside Bug Reports for Skid to look forward to???

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#3]
"RedrawGadet" does NOT fix this. The tooltips will cast shadow images of themself for instance.

My core source code alone has around 5.000 lines atm.
So it's hard getting an example out of it. I think it's not a bad code issue but a bmx bug.

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#4]
"RedrawGadet" does NOT fix this.

Oh, sorry, missed what you said in your original post. (It didn't work anyway but I didn't get those glitches you mention.)

it's hard getting an example out of it

My source has 4000 lines so I'm kind of in the same boat about extracting an example.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ok, I have spent some time and made a proper bug report and example code. Please confirm it in the bug forum.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=61952