BlitzMax: Creating table gadgets?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax: Creating table gadgets?

AD(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is it possible to create table gadgets with Blitz Max (preferably sortable)? Like this;

"Customer_name | age | phone"  <-- fields
"mr smith              | 20   | 0101"    <-- example row

Many thanks.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
Yes and no.

The Listbox is there but it does not support multiple colums at the moment.
But there is a hack to add this possibility which at least works for windows (you might need to search the user module board for it)

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#3]
http://chris-camacho.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=13&Itemid=26

Chris Camacho made one a while back...check it out. Maybe it will help?

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#4]
heck got there b4 me!

I fairly recently fixed a bug with it, its a feature complete as I need for the time being, I may consider making a gtk version for Linux...

AD(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thank you for your help; I am having problems -- it keeps saying that it cannot compile the cpp files.

Building stringgrid
Compiling:col_row_util.cpp
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Documents and Settings/My Documents/pwrgrid/CSG/col_row_util.cpp
Process complete

The folder is correct, as is the path... am I doing something wrong?

AD(Posted 2006) [#6]
I have fixed this and have gotten the string gadget to work. Many thanks for your help.
(CLOSED)

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
This looks interesting, but what am I supposed to do to compile the demo? If I run it, it compiles and then throws up a few dozen undefined references.

Just a couple of examples :

C:/Downloads/pwrgrid-0.2.0/pwrgrid-0.2.0/CSG/.bmx/cstringgrid.cpp.release.win32.x86.o(.text$_ZNSt6vectorI8CellTypeSaIS0_EE14_M_fill_insertEN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPS0_S2_EEjRKS0_+0x281):cstringgrid.cpp: undefined reference to `std::string::_Rep::_S_empty_rep_storage'
C:/Downloads/pwrgrid-0.2.0/pwrgrid-0.2.0/CSG/.bmx/cstringgrid.cpp.release.win32.x86.o(.text$_ZNSt6vectorI8CellTypeSaIS0_EE14_M_fill_insertEN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPS0_S2_EEjRKS0_+0x28e):cstringgrid.cpp: undefined reference to `__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add(int volatile*, int)'