Getting BlitzMax from the compy to the lappy...?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Getting BlitzMax from the compy to the lappy...?

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#1]
Okay. I realize there's a certian ammount of steps you need to take to protect BlitzMax from illegal copying. So I apologize in advance if what I'm about to ask is a no-no.

I'm going out of town for a few days, and I'd like to do a little blitz coding when I get bored. Am I allowed to move my BlitzMax installation from my desktop to my laptop? And if so, how should I go about doing it?

I revisited my original "thank you for buying" e-mail, thinking I'd just download it onto the lappy. But the download link expired long ago, and even if I log into the forums, I don't see any update links. (I guess Blitz needs to be installed before these will even appear?) Would it make any sense to just copy my installation folders over from the desktop to the laptop? Or would even that fail, due to registry issues?

If the rules state I'm only supposed to have it installed on one machine, I'll gladly uninstall it from the desktop FIRST. I just need someone to walk me through the process. It's not as easy as I anticipated. :D

Thanks in advance! :)

Jake L.(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi,

login to this site, => Account => Download BMax 1.20.
Install, syncmod, and there you go.

As long as you don't give it away to someone else there shouldn't be a licence problem in my opinion.

degac(Posted 2006) [#3]
I think the licence is only ONE person not one computer (of course I cant' program in the same time on two or more computer, and you?)

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#4]
You need to download and install v1.18 first, then instal 1.20. After that, do a syncmods to update any mods as well as to download the MaxGUI mod if you own it.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#5]
I use a simple script on my usb harddrive to set paths so I can even recompile modules I'm working on.

The fact that I can use Max on the go, and on other machines without installing anything on the machine I'm borrowing is a big plus for Max and a definate plus point!

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#6]
Cris C, that's a great idea. Maybe one of those mini USB drives with MinGW, BlitzMAX, and any projects you're working on installed on it. Now I know what I'm going to use my $50 gift certificate for :)

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#7]
Am I allowed to move my BlitzMax installation from my desktop to my laptop?
Yes.

And if so, how should I go about doing it?
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

I use a simple script on my usb harddrive to set paths so I can even recompile modules I'm working on.
I use one that boots straight into Debian.