Updating modules and others

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Updating modules and others

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#1]
Well I just bought blitzmax
In the demo there was a module with the Lua scripting language but now it isn't anymore and I was wondering how to get it...
Also where can I find modules to dwl?
Also I allready know how to use blitz3D(only used the 2d version of it) and I was wondering if there is any other way to make multiplayer than GameNet(I don't like the idee of types..)
Thnx a lot(even if u just read it :P)

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#2]
in the command prompt type "cd C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\bin" or whatever your BlitzMax installation path is and hit enter. Then type "syncmods -u Sanctus -p <whatever your password is> axe"

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#3]
There exists a Forum Search: Lua - where has it gone?

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#4]
Well I understood how it works but i have another question:
Where do I dwl Lua.axe?
Also: Nothing about the multiplayer?

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#5]
You don't actually download it - you synchronise the modules:

... "axe.lua" by either using the syncmods tool:
<bmxpath>/bin/syncmods -u <user> -p <password> AXE
or you can download the MaxIDE Communtiy Edition and use the extended Sync Mods Dialog...

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thnx I got the MaxIDE Communtiy Edition and it works :D:D
Now could anyone tell me where to start to learn how to use lua?(I don't know nothing about it)
Note that I got the hang of Blitzmax(I know to use types, to draw, to get input and other stuff)
Also:WATH ABOUT THE MULTIPLAYER??? CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION?(Is there anything else i can use instead of GameNet? like DirectPlay)

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#7]
Now could anyone tell me where to start to learn how to use lua?(I don't know nothing about it)
The Programming Language Lua
Reference manual for Lua 5.1 (comes with axe.lua)
Lua Scripting 101: The Basics

WATH ABOUT THE MULTIPLAYER??? CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION?

BlitzMax is a cross-platform language and DirectPlay is a Windows-only thing so I'd say that there's little chance for an official DirectPlay-Module.
So you can either use GameNet or another network library like TNet, wait for someone to write a DirectPlay-Module or create your own network library using sockets.
-- Byteemoz

assari(Posted 2006) [#8]
BlitzMax Lua tutorial http://www.blitzwiki.org/index.php/Lua_Tutorial

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#9]
Wow thanx I'm reading now I think I'm getting the hang of it...
Also how do I do the stuff with the sockets?
And can I build my own module(without writing in c++?)
One more thing...
I think I got an ideea of a module in witch you make cameras for the rendering(2D!!!!)(also refered as views)
The users whitch came from GameMaker know I'm talking about...(yes I did used it some long time ago... I only use it now to test the graphics I make)
Btw I'm a 3D artist(thoug my graphics are 2D prerendered) so I might post free isometric graphics

assari(Posted 2006) [#10]
How to make and edit modules http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42290

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#11]
How to use sockets: http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=47877#532852
and a little OOP-TCP-Server www.blitzmax.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1555

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thnx mate
I'm getting the hang of BlitzMax more and more :D:D

t0ne(Posted 2007) [#13]
Is it just me or has the LUA module disappeared ?
I've tried syncmods for AXE but it doesn't look like anything has been downloaded or installed and the LUA samples I've found won't compile ... anyone any ideas ?

t0ne(Posted 2007) [#14]
I managed to sort it by changing the modserver specified in my modservers.cfg from modserver124 to modserver122
Connecting a browser to 124 it has a much, shorter list of modules than 122 ... is this right or has some sync between them broken or something ?