BMax or Blitz Plus?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BMax or Blitz Plus?

wmaass(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a need to create a couple of mundane applications for our golf simulator customers. For example one is an Ad manager for editing ads that appear in the simulator. I've created tools for the simulator in the past using B3D and BCF but want to use someting lke BlitzPlus this time. Question is, am I better off getting BMax and the GUI for this or is it overkill??

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#2]
Bmx + Gui module is more expensive. But I think on the long run, your're better off with bmx.

BP seems to be "dead" when refering to updates.
Also you can do a LOT more stuff with BMX than with plan BP.
Plus someday the 3D module will come out. So you can easily "jump" from b3d to bmx.

Thus I would go for BMX. Especially if you plan other applications in the future.

wmaass(Posted 2006) [#3]
makes sense, thanks!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2006) [#4]
If considering BMax, from first impressions I can also recommend Grey Alien's Game Framework....

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#5]
In terms of compatability you will probly find B+ more so. It runs on DX1 which is on all machines.

You can grab hold of Wiebos excellent GUIde to design your UI. Works on Bmax as well tho.

You'll find the B+ learning curve is non-existent. Bmax will take longer, especially if you aren't cool with OO code.

Bmax is the future tho.

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#6]
Bmax is the future tho.

Quoted for great truth !

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
I've used both and BMax is much better in my opinion.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2006) [#8]
Blitz+ for definite.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#9]
B+ for people who don't care about OO, 3d, future, xplatform etc. It's still a very good product with a decent manual.

BMax for people who're likely to do much bigger projects, but you need to activate a few more braincells to compensate for the manual.. (or lack of)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#10]
Why use either for creating an application? Why not just use C++ or Delphi or Purebasic?

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2006) [#11]
B+ for people who want a more stable program that runs on half of the processing power and needs no drivers installing.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#12]
Oh I didn't read the "for appplications" bit. I'd choose BlitzPlus in that case because I know it works. But given a choice I'd got for Delphi or C++ as Indiepath suggests.