Any ETA of the next bmx fix?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Any ETA of the next bmx fix?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi!

Is there any rough ETA on the next bmx fix?

Will there be a full download (i.e.: no more patching and using syncmods is required)?

Thanks, Grisu

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
sync mod is always required as intermediate updates (we had about 8 in 1.20) are released that way ...

H&K(Posted 2006) [#3]
Only 8? We had that one day when there was loads.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Really? You know, not all have time for hourly syncs :P

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
Haah, but dream some of us are not anal enough to count them either ;) It would be a strange world if we were all the same

But yes, one day just after the bug threads were culled there was an update every hour or so. (Well felt like that, at least 4)

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#6]
Can't you count the number of modules that have been updated by visiting the mod server page, e.g. here for Max 1.20. I count 22!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yep but not all got fixed after 1.20. Some needed their fix for 1.20 due to the changes in external types.

And AXE is no official modserver :P

But yeah, counting makes no sense.

What I mainly meant: thinking of using BM without syncmod is like a punch in the own face ;-)

H&K(Posted 2006) [#8]
See dream there were 22, not 8.
Coor dont you feel stupid now ;D
Id go and check all your Globals if I were you ;)

But seriously, thats just the number of mods that have been... err modded, (Thats a joke), from experiance Id say about half of them had to be re-changed after the change..err changed things unexpectedly

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#9]
What would be nice is a package consisting of bmx + gui (if you bought that).

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#10]
Or a GUI installer at least for those that can't sync (or are too stupid to set the proxy correctly ;-) )

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#11]
Exactly!

Reminder:
And hopefully Mark is using proper setup images for the next installer!

puki(Posted 2006) [#12]
I don't have any of these worries with my superior product, Blitz3D - it just works.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#13]
Also I hope there are proper dates in the modules for each fix log now!

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#14]
We will see about that. A changelog output inside the download window would be cool too.

For now I would be happy when the listbox tooltips bug finally gets fixed.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#15]
It's in the bugbin, is it not available through syncmods then?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#16]
No, Listboxes are stil broken. I use syncmods at least once a day! - The terms "update" and "syncmod fix" might mean something different for BRL. Not sure, as no one has ever explained that.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#17]
Update = Product Update ("Fixed in next update")
Syncmods = Module Update ("Syncmods for a fix")

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#18]
I don't have any of these worries with my superior product, Blitz3D - it just works.

How's .IT playback these days?