Basic MORPG

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Basic MORPG

Haris(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am currently working on a MMORPG called Pokemon Online (http://pokemonol.net). I have just started using BlitxMax and was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to create a simple game where several different players can connect at the same time and see each other online i.e. I want to create a Multiplayer Online RPG. Is there a tutorial that explains how to do this? I know there is the "Bnet UDP Multiplayer Tutorial" for BlitzPlus but that only allows a maximum of two players to connect at the same time. I want to be able to connect more than 2 players at the same time. Can anyone help? If not, is there a way of modifying the source code of the "Bnet UDP Multiplayer Tutorial" file to allow for more than 2 players to connect at the same time?

IKG(Posted 2006) [#2]
I smell a lawsuit.

Rck(Posted 2006) [#3]
This is posted in the Max area but you're asking about Plus?

Networking for more than two is most surely possible in Plus and Max.

Haris(Posted 2006) [#4]
Does anyone know how to network for m
ore than two players? Is there a tutorial file? The current tutorial file only allows for a maximum of two players to be networked.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#5]
Then rewrite the handling structure in a way to handle more than two players (using arrays to store all connected player and adjust the other handling code that way).

Code with two players is most likely the same with 10 players ...

And no there is no finished code you can "copy paste tutorial" I fear ... and not really needed as the basic tutorial covers the basics that are needed to write it ...

N(Posted 2006) [#6]
IKG: Lawsuit! Yay!

Yeah, you're screwed if you think you can get away with this.

Zumwalt(Posted 2006) [#7]
In a word.. Rakknet
In a few words, change your game name and get a new site.