application menu on Mac

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/application menu on Mac

Pit-le-rouge(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all.

With MaxGui; any idea about how the manage the Mac OS standard "application menu" ???
It seems that it is automatically cretaed but I don't knwo how, for example, to add items in this menu (for "about", "preferences" etc...).

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
You can't unless you hack those things in yourself ...

Pit-le-rouge(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well....
Is it official or a personal opinion ????

RiK(Posted 2006) [#4]
It is quite an important point really as the 'official' OSX way is to have About/Preferences items under the application menu and at present there is no way to do that in MaxGUI.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#5]
MaxGUI is designed for cross plattform and as only Apple has an additional menu it isn't in the official mod and you need to add this functionality yourself. *as there are things on windows and linux missing as well for other things*

eni(Posted 2006) [#6]
Additionally, what about the Services menu? Unless I'm missing something (I haven't used MaxGUI in months) that's a greater oversight as it's a hub of a great deal of OS X's functionality.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#7]
Nothing that is single OS is in MaxGUI as it is not cross plattform compatible (OSX users already got some extras like setalpha and the like that is OSX only ... while windows users still have a core feature leaking GUI)