@BRL: axe - Howto

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/@BRL: axe - Howto

Jake L.(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

it took me about 20 minutes to find out how and where to get the axe-modules. I guess someone who have just begun playing around with BMax won't have as much success as myself.

I (and I think many others) would appreciate it, if there were some infos about it in the docs. E.g. if you buy BMax now and sync your mods via MaxIDE, you get no LUA-mods at all, no word about their existance! I've got the luck to use BMax since 1.16 so I know they exist...

Maybe someone who understand the whole "sync what from where"-thing could write a small [Sticky] ModSync-HowTo.

I ask me if I can syncmod other repositories than brl/pub/axe?
Is there a whole bunch of mods I don't know so far?

I'm a bit disappointed... I can understand that a lot of commands are not documented until now, but at least the basics (like how to sync all modules available) should be better documented.

puki(Posted 2006) [#2]
One of the reasons I am sticking with my old buddy - Blitz3D.

Jake L.(Posted 2006) [#3]
Don't get me wrong, I love Max, it's a nice language and fun to code with. It just needs the basic handling/usage described somewhere.

Also it's bad for business if new users have to find great features for themselves.

Haramanai(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi.
Evrything you wand to know it's located here you must login as Blitz Max user to have access to the Blitz Max update forum.