listbox

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/listbox

czoran(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello,

As I read up to now, there is no multilolumn listbox/listview gadget.
Is there possibility to "send message" to existing one, so it become multicolumn?
Or, do you have suggestion how to make that in dirty way?
I have listbox with names (around 150 of them) and I need to display a table with additional information after clicking on particular name.
There is a lot of data that should be displayed, and table-view suits the best.

Thank you

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#2]
if you look in the module tweeks forum someone did a multicolumn listbox I cant remember the exact url tho sorry

and theres a sort of working string grid on my website too...

Byteemoz(Posted 2006) [#3]
I think you mean that post:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=53343

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#4]
yeah that'd be the one! :D

czoran(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thank you.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#6]
np, how are you finding max so far?

czoran(Posted 2006) [#7]
Max seems pretty ok.
Clean syntax, simple IDE, powefull commands, ...
Actually I like Blitz way of doing things.

I have licence for BlitzPlus for a long time, but never used it much. Wrote 2 small utility applications for my friends and that's all.

I have tried almost every Basic and basic-like language/compiler/interpreter in past 10 years and none of them serves me well. Always some limitations, weird way of doing things, funny syntax, hard to learn... I have always thought that language is good enough until you find you can't do something you need.

Every language for "application programming" must have several things perfectly implemented:
- primitives
- strings (native, not "object")
- database
- printing
- communication (network, ports)
- filesystem
- double or quad precision math
Anything else, including graphics, 3D, sound etc. comes after.

I am mainly intersted in writing win applications dealing with database, sound and graphics. I need something I can lean on for a longer time. Games are out of my mind completely.

And, to be honest, I was very skeptic about Max from the begining. I thought that it will be only half baked product, just to show masses that BRL is alive, and to make Community stop asking "when?".

Sorry for long post. Maybe it can be better placed to General Discussion or something like.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#8]
gman's done some nice work with a collection of database modules

theres some quad percision math stuff on my site

and you can print with html gui gadget, but I'm still looking for some kind of report engine....

czoran(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks,

Seems that I will have many sleepless nights here... :))

Regards,
Zoran