Changing Gadget Position

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Changing Gadget Position

Blitzer101(Posted 2006) [#1]
Got a little project underway and using it as a starting place for getting to grips with BlitzMAX. I have a tabbed window (currently just 2 two tabs) on which some of the gadgets (labels, textboxes & radio buttons) are common to both tabs. However, when I switch from one tab to another I would like to move some of the gadgets to new positions. Despite looking several times in the docs (MaxGUI stuff) I can't find a command to do this? Is it possible to even do this or do I need to rethink how I'm gonna do things?

I found the command/function "GadgetX" & "GadgetY" but these only seem to be of use to find the position of the gadget, not move it to a new position?

Could also use any pointers for using a text based file for my app's config file. Again thinking along the lines of using an INIfile but nothing directly relates to using INIfiles from what I can see - I take it I would need to find a way to manually read and determine what the various entries in the INIfile would relate to?

degac(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm at work at the moment and I don't have Max here, but there should be 2 possibilities:
1. (if I remember correctly) SetGadget*** --- it should change position and size
2. use the .x and .y propreties of the tgadget (I really don't remember...)

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#3]
As degac said: use SetGadgetShape()

Blitzer101(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks guys, I must need stronger glasses! How the hell I missed that best me. Just what I was looking for - thanks very much. :)