Change IDE Cursor colour?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Change IDE Cursor colour?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there a way to change the IDE cursor colour/stype as when I hit F5 and a compile error has occured, it puts the cursor on the duff line but ofen I can't see it as it's not a good colour, it's too small/thin, and it's flashing too slowly! Failing that I'll change the IDE background colour I guess.

Also what gets me is it would be really nice if it scrolled your code up so that the error line appeared in the middle of the screen so you can put it in context instead of always having to press page down to see what's below.
Thanks

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#2]
I agree, the invisibility of the cursor is a real problem for sighted and partially sighted alike.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
I take it, based on your experience, it can't be altered then? but what about IDE colours?

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
The selection color also isn't configurable... which is a major inconvenience when copying/pasting stuff if you have a blueish background

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#5]
OK, so how can I change the background please? (3rd time lucky?)

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#6]
OK, so how can I change the background please? (3rd time lucky?)

In the IDE: File -> IDE Options -> Editor -> Click on the Background color, and pick a new one.

(Alternatively: somewhere in the /cfg/ide.ini file)

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
doh haha, looked on all the menus except the file one. Thannx. I also changed the cursor blink rate in windows.

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#8]
the community ide keeps the line selected and also on the pc scrolls it to the top of the screen. the mac version keeps it in the middle. the cvs source has this now but there are a couple of bugs that we need to squish before a new build.

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
well I'll keep an eye open for it, thanks.

Sir_LANs-a-lot(Posted 2006) [#10]
Is there any way to make the editing cursor a block cursor like you can in Blitz3D?

I tried tinkering around with variations of the "edit_blkcursor" from the B3D .prefs file by putting them into the ide.ini of BMax, but to no avail.. :/

If not, perhaps the option of changing the editing cursor to a block cursor could be added into the [File] -> [IDE Options] -> [Options] menu in a future update?

TIA

TomToad(Posted 2006) [#11]
You can press SHIFT-Down Arrow to highlight the line with the error. As for the selected item color, MaxIDE uses the Windows setting. You need to go to Display properties (right-click the desktop and choose properties), click the Appearance tab, select "Advanced." select "selected Items" in the Item combobox, then pick a color.