Visual GUI Designer

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Visual GUI Designer

CoderLaureate(Posted 2006) [#1]
Since Guide no longer appears to be available, are there any Gui designers for BMax out there? Doing things manually is just plain painful.

N(Posted 2006) [#2]
I couldn't find any, sorry.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yeah, me neither, I was just wondering if someone else knew of one. I can see that the IGlass GUI comes with the link to an editor, but I already spent money on one GUI environment. I'd hate to have to plunk down more money on another one.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#4]
Why do you want one anyway? :P

Can't you visualise a hardcoded interface in your mind? (not to mention compile>run>judge>stop>edit>compile>run etc.)

CoderLaureate(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, PB has a pretty sweet form designer. I just might have to make my project in PB. Converting my code to PB would probably take less time than the amount of time it would take to finish building my forms manually with BMax.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
If you can do the stuff with PB, then this might be right.

DaY(Posted 2006) [#7]
http://www.blitzmax.com/logs/userlog.php?user=997&log=606

try that one maybe its free

CoderLaureate(Posted 2006) [#8]
Thanks for sharing the link.
The program is under development, but shows promise.

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#9]
I suspect if you e-mailed Wiebo (GUIde maker) he would sell you a copy of GUIde. It supports Bmax.

bregors(Posted 2006) [#10]

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#11]
I'd love to create a new GUI editor (I've got lots of ideas), but I don't have the time at the moment. I'm busy with a game or two as well. Once these are done (whenever that may be) I might have a go, but I wouldn't hold my breath for now :)

Xerra(Posted 2006) [#12]
Think I'm a jinx to GUIde, tbh. All the purchase links were up for buying it on the website but I emailed Wiebo and asked him if he's going to update it at some point and he replied no and pulled it all down :(

I still bought a copy off him though as it does the job for making interfaces but it would be nice if somebody else took up the challenge to make a new one specifically for BlitzMax.

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#13]
Well Xerra, that wasn't your fault :) I was tired of supporting it. Recently there are more and more features asked which were not part of the original design, and as such I had to introduce more and more hacks to get things working or changed. I wanted to stay ahead of the game and call it quits instead of ending up supporting an uncontrollable source base.
Adding Bmax to GUIde has been not too hard, but it can do the basic stuff, and not more. Introducing more stuff would've required a re-write and i wasn't up to that.
I'm still intrigued by gui's and their design so I might start something new, but it has to bmax, which means multi-platform, and i personally have no interest at all to support apps for the other platforms. (you know which)

ozak(Posted 2006) [#14]
Could we have GUIde for free then? It's still alot easier than doing it manually :)

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#15]
That wouldn't be fair to those who bought it, really. Maybe, in due time.

Sin of Nature(Posted 2006) [#16]
Hi,

Have a look at this blokes GUI maker, its not bad (and its free).

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/diablogames/programs/HighGUI.zip

Sin

Ps. watch out, it does seem to close down correctly. Check the process list (Task Manager) after you've closed it. I noticed it still running when I closed the windows mode version.

N(Posted 2006) [#17]
That's not even close to the same thing, Sin...

Sin of Nature(Posted 2006) [#18]
CoderLaureate stated he wanted a Visual GUI editor for BlitzMAX, not a MaxGUI editor. If he wasnt open to other possibilities, he would not have mentioned IGlass. No, it doesnt produce MaxGUI source but it does produce BlitzMAX source. It certainly is not "not even close to same thing". I thought that little editor was quite good actually.

By the way CoderLaureate, IGlass does not come with the editor (IGlass Studio). They are created by 2 different people. Seyhajin released IGlass Studio as open source and is currently incomplete. I'm currently updating it at the moment, but it will be a few weeks before the next beta is released.

Sin

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#19]
Wiebo,

Currently there is no alternative for a form editor that produces a nice standard windows form. I'm in need of one for my current project and would appreciate your help here. Please allow me to purchase a copy. I don't care if you decide not to support it any longer. I really need this ASAP.

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#20]
I have a suprise for you... hold on.

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#21]
Go here to download GUIde. have fun!

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=60916