question about win/mac/linux

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/question about win/mac/linux

djdee(Posted 2006) [#1]
Lets say i made a game with the windows version and i wanted to make a mac version available. Do i have to change anything in my code or just compile it on a mac ?? Is there big differences between the platforms in blitzmax ?

Also, is there a chart with general system-specs requirements for a game made with blitzmax? For different platforms ?

djdee(Posted 2006) [#2]
ops, posted in wrong forum, thought i clicked beginners area... sorry ! ;)

deps(Posted 2006) [#3]
You may have to change some things when porting a game over to mac or linux. One thing that comes to mind is if you use SetGraphicsDriver. But I guess there is some more.

Kemi(Posted 2006) [#4]
The only thing I had to change when compiling my Mac game to Win was one .ogg fie which caused Win to crash (quality setting 0, smallest file) and in the GUI part the size of the window and positions of the buttons, since Win seems to need more space for those. The rest of the game worked without any changes. However, I didn't use special gfx, no 3d and stuff.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#5]
sadly Linux was for a long while way behind, but now thankfully better, there are differences but only that not show stoppers with c/c++ code thats windows specific compiling in linux (though you'd be amazed what you can do with wine ; )

And at the end of the day it seems far more tweeking than porting which is a really happy experience

There will always be tweaks specific to OS's but if your compiling for another OS why not take advantage of that specific OS anyhow...