need some tests with my project

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/need some tests with my project

hub(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi !
Could you test the level 1 of my game and give me the fps with your config ? (press F to display it during game)
Thanks !

(Note : this is the french version)

Here the link : (7,8 Mo)
http://www.bayre.com/zigwigwis/zigwigwi.exe

Screenshoot

Others screenshoots :
http://www.bayre.com/zigwigwis/

Xerra(Posted 2006) [#2]
I got an fps of around 59 while i was playing through the early levels. When it got to Mr Snake it took a while to complete though as it took forever to destroy.

When you have the boss ship flying around on level 15 with all those asteroids and other explosions then things chugged a bit. Seemed a lot worse when an explosion appeared over the player ship if that's any help

I'm running on a 2.6 athlon if that's any help.

BTW nice game. Pity my French is poor so I didn't know what was being said, lol.

hub(Posted 2006) [#3]
Many thanks for these informations xerra !!!

kronholm(Posted 2006) [#4]
60fps most of the time, but controlling with the mouse was hard due to some weird jagging when firing

LosButcher(Posted 2006) [#5]
I also got 59-60 FPS all the time on a WinXP, Pentium 4 - 2.4, Radeon M 8500, 512 MB Ram. Worked very well although my french is a bit rusty (I know two words).

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#6]
Constant 59-60 FPS, which appears to be locked at the refresh rate of the monitor. Might be something you need to look into when it comes to ensuring that it works on all machines at the same speed. OK, so it looks as though it's defaulting to this on all PCs so far, but 60hz hurts my eyes so I like games that let me change it or they try alternatives before using this fall-back.

Also, as reported above, movement gets very jerky when firing with the mouse - especially when the button is held down, which would suggest you have some sort of pause or are waiting for the player to let go of the button before moving on in your program.

Overall, the game is very good, although the levels are a little on the short side. The snake level is a little tedious as it takes a long time to kill and you can basically sit in one place and keep firing until it's killed. The spider was the opposite, a little too much on screen at once and difficult to dodge all of the boss's fire. Still, I did manage to kill it first time, so maybe it's not!

Great job though, keep it up and get it translated for us English speaking folk.

hub(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks for your comments ! i've a lot of work to produce fun and interesting levels. For the moment i debug the program code !

i've removed the are waiting for the player to let go of the button before moving on in your program.

i'm tracking this bug. i've reduce the time between two shoot (TimerShoot + cte_delay_shoot < MilliSecs() )
Yes, i've some problems to move the ship with the mouse. Is there an example code somewhere to help me ?