GUI source code creator

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/GUI source code creator

Xerra(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've looked around and not seen anything which resembles this so i'm curious if anyone has actually had a go at creating a form designer program for MaxGUI.

I remember seeing a couple for old Amiga versions of Blitz where you would start with a blank page and drop the gadgets that form the gui of your program on it and place them how you wanted it to look. You could then hit generate and it would spot out source code for you to load straight into BlitzMax to save time programming.

Has someone not had a go at this or am I missing something obvious making it impractical?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
There are some projects trying to create Form Designers ... but its not that simple to find them ...

Bremer(Posted 2006) [#3]
GUIde by Wiebo can create code for you based on what you create with its form editor:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=28

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah Wiebos is the one I have. Matter of fact....I havent used the dang thing in a while. Thanks for reminding me!

Xerra(Posted 2006) [#5]
GUIde doesn't look like it's been updated since around September 2004 and it looks like it's only been patched around to work with BlitzMax as well as BlitzPlus.

I don't see any support for toolbars either unless i'm missing something. Is this the only one out there as I dont mind paying for one as long as it's still being updated?

RiK(Posted 2006) [#6]
GUIde was very useful for me for my Blitz+ projects but since I've moved to a Mac I'm back to hand crafted GUI mode.

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#7]
GUIde is still alive, still great, and was last updated less than 6 months ago.

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#8]
Formcreators are overrated, manually creating a GUI rox :P

Booticus(Posted 2006) [#9]
@Xerra: GUIDE was update just a month and a half ago for BlitzMax. It's spartan, but it does the job.

@CS_TBL You're hard core!! :)

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#10]
Bmax support in GUIde isn't perfect, but that's because it wasn't built for bmax. It does the job though. Currently, I'm not planning more updates, except for critical bug fixes. I should mention that on the website soon.