NEW

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/NEW

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#1]
I bought blitzmax a few hours ago, ive had blitz plus, and i used the code for max GUI. I want to know if it is possible to create an executable file from blitzmax

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Unlike BlitzPlus Blitzmax ALWAYS "builds" an executable. You will find it in the same folder as the source code of the program.

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#3]
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok thanx

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#4]
this is sooooo hard switching from blitz plus. I dont know how to make text appear on the screen!!! i dont know collision detection!!! HELP!!!

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#5]
Takes a week, to delve through all the newness..

Strict and Superstrict being your bad-ass enemies from now on :P

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#6]
try here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/topics.php?forum=112

assari(Posted 2006) [#7]
and have a look here

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#8]
how do i do collision detection?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#9]
CollideImage

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#10]
how do i mask an image?

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#11]
How do I mask an image?

If you have a paint program like paintshop pro or photoshop, you can include an alpha channel that does the masking for you... simply make the masked portions transparent, save as a .PNG, and when you select alphablend in BlitzMax, the transparent pieces will automatically be masked.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#12]
and if you want normal masking, set the maskcolor before loading the image and set the blend to MaskBlend before you draw the image.

B_Paulie(Posted 2006) [#13]
how do i make my fonts like the image files i find with letters and numbers. ive looked at loadimagefont and setimage font, and there are no problems, except that its not showing the font in my text. I know i made a stupid mistake somewhere along the line... ;)