Cummunity IDE questions

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Cummunity IDE questions

sswift(Posted 2006) [#1]
1. Where is the community IDE?

2. Does the community IDE have all the features of the main IDE?

3. What does the community IDE fix about the main IDE? The indent problem?

I'm asking because not only is the indent problem annoying, but it's starting to get annoying that when I open any source file which has even a few lines, like say the Max2D source, it displays the source without syntax highlighting, and then takes a couple seconds to finally highlight it all before I can do anything.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#2]
1. Where is the community IDE?
Here.
2. Does the community IDE have all the features of the main IDE?
Yes, and then some.
3. What does the community IDE fix about the main IDE? The indent problem?
I'm not quite sure what indent problem you're talking about, but generally it's a matter of additional features.

Bremer(Posted 2006) [#3]
You will find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/blitzmax-ide/

Most recent thread that I could find about it here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55410

Not really sure what things it fixes as I haven't tried it yet. I have been using the one it comes with and the BLIde one, which you will find here:

http://www.blide.org/nueva/home.htm

[edit] I took too long to hit that button and got beaten to it by flameduck :)

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#4]
If you take a look at the version notes for each release you can see what has been changed in each release. There are quite a few fixes to annoying quirks of the current IDE, plus a bunch of improvements too.

I did spend a fair bit of time investigating various undo and indent issues, I believe I nailed them all, but feel free to post any outstanding ones. Indenting is certainly better than the official IDE.

Unfortunately no one has yet bitten the bullet and attempted to improve the load / highlighting speed, but the code's there for anyone to take a stab at. IMHO, the highlighter pretty much needs a complete rewrite from the ground up, but half the problem is not the code, but the use by BlitzMax of the Windows richtext control which is dog slow. But I *really* don't fancy writing my own text edit control!

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2006) [#5]
Your going to need to if you want function folding :)

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#6]
But I *really* don't fancy writing my own text edit control!
Have you looked at Scintilla? I was going to take a stab at it myself, but I can't seem to find the time these days.

dmaz(Posted 2006) [#7]
I really don't see why you would need you own text edit control, the defaults should work just fine. ok, now that I opened my big mouth...

xuchuang(Posted 2006) [#8]
Is there an alternate source to download it?

The reason I'm asking is that...I'm in China and our #@$#@ government for whatever reason has blocked sourceforge. I can view and log in etc but cannot download.

Thanks

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#9]
Have you looked at Scintilla?

Not yet, but it was my first thought...

sswift(Posted 2006) [#10]
I can't believe I spelled the subject that way. Pfft!

VP(Posted 2006) [#11]
Freudian slip?

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2006) [#12]
I can't believe I spelled the subject that way.

I can't believe that you spelt it that way either! ;-)