Synchronizing error?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Synchronizing error?

xuchuang(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, I'm new here.

Just purchased BlitzMax and MaxGUI. Installation of BlitzMax was fine, but when I tried to synchronize modules to download MaxGUI I received:

'Error connecting to server: Unknown error.'

I tried a couple of times and always the same error, anyone know how to fix this?

I'm Using OSX, airport connection via a router. OS auto update and anything else I can think of works fine, but I'm not sure if I'm behind a firewall, I don't know how to check ;0.

Thanks!

xuchuang(Posted 2006) [#2]
Please ignore this message, I got it working by upgrading to 1.14.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#3]
Good. Now upgrade to 1.16.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Would not do that if the whole thing shall ever be rebuilt afterwards (BM is incapable of overwriting existing older modules at syncronize)
Uninstall 1.14 first, delete the directory and then install 1.16 and syncronize ;-)

MichaelM(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hi, I'm writing here because I just didn't want to open a new thread for the same issue.

I have the same problem when I'm trying to download MaxGUI -
'Error connecting to server: Unknown error.'

I'm running BlitzMax on Windows XP, both firewalls (Windows and router) are currently off.

I've bought BlitzMax and MaxGUI a few days ago, so it's not likely to be a version problem.
But still... reading the forum I've found out that the current modserver version is 1.26;
BlitzMax installation file I've installed is BlitzMax118_Win32.exe - probably meaning that BlitzMax version is 1.18 - is this the latest one?
If it is, what's the problem? If not, how do I update the version?

Thank you!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#6]
You have to use SVN to get MaxGUI now.

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=76731

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#7]
On the account page of this site, you can get the update to the latest version, and sync mods then. If you're a new BlitzMax user, I would recommend you also to take a look to BLIde as a good alternative IDE for your BlitzMax projects.

MichaelM(Posted 2008) [#8]
Thank you very much, I'll try this a little later, just have to go now.

Thanks!

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#9]
Anyway, you have BlitzMax 1.18.
Go to the Accounts tab and, under Product Updates, download and install 1.28.

Next, run Syncmods from within the IDE.
This should download the latest modules including the (now) old version of MaxGUI.
To get the new version you will need to install SVN and follow the steps in the Module Tweaks forum.
You will also need to install MingW and follow the instructions for building modules in the same forum.
Finally you need to rebuild docs as well.
Good Luck

MichaelM(Posted 2008) [#10]
Thank you very much, it works!