Gnet messages

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Gnet messages

peltazoid(Posted 2006) [#1]
hi, just trying to get back into blitz coding after a large stint of not touching it at all (WoW stole my life :D)

trying to get my head round gnet, due to the lack of documentation for 1.16 and the lack of comments in the example code.

I have managed to create a simple connection and send objects between the client and server.

what is the point of the message objects as the same thing can be achived by updating the slots in the object.

Also since the peer commands have gone is it still possible to get the ip of the current connection?

Also as I further my understanding of the library i'm writing a guide on how to use it.

thanks

peltazoid(Posted 2006) [#2]
Ok, from playing with some code, it seems that messages go back to the sender and not to the object sent (hope that makes sense :D )

i.e client app connects to sever and creates an object, server on receiving the object sends a message back to the client.

the client would not be able to send a message to the orginal object it sent to the server at a later point in the program.

Is this correct, as when I have tried to send a message from client to server to the object the client created nothing happens.

Also how would i go about finding the ips of connected clients? (without sending them from the client, not sure how to this either :D)

cheers.