Can't access custom module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Can't access custom module

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi,

I've made a module in BlitzMAX and I've successfully built it using "BMK" but I can't work out how to use it in other BlitzMax programs. When I type in a function that was in the module, it doesn't recognise it (it doesn't turn yellow) and when I compile it, it says that the function wasn't found.

The module is also not appearing in Module list???

Here is my directory structure:

BlitzMax\mod\seb.mod\id3tag.mod\id3tag.bmx

I've written in the file Module Seb.ID3Tag, used the following command to compile the mods (bmk makemods seb) and it return successful but it still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Seb

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#2]
change everything in the module path (and module declaration) to lowercase to rule that out.

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#3]
Pertubatio: Thanks - I've changed everything to lower-case and have ammended the Module Declaration but it still isn't recognised.

Anyother ideas?

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#4]
Aha! I managed to get it to detect the module by using "Framework seb.id3tag" in the new source file. I thought though that all modules should be loaded by default if you don't use Framework.

Also, how come it still doesn't turn the module's functions yellow?

Seb

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#5]
ahh, yes, you need to implicitly import custom modules. all BRL modules are loaded by default since a few versions ago, this helps cut down on bloat.

you can simply do Import <yourmodule> at the top of your code

Bremer(Posted 2006) [#6]
You have to do a docmods from the bin folder so that it adds the functions to the command list.

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks everyone. I've tried to add DocMod comments to my module using:
Rem
bbdoc: Function action description
about: Details about function
End Rem
But when I "DocMod", it makes a Doc folder in the module directory (BlitzMax\mod\seb.com\id3tag.mod\doc) but it doesn't put any files in it. It also doesn't list anything in the IDE.

Can anyone figure out what I've done wrong now? I want Blitz to list my module's commands in the IDE's treeview!

Thanks in advance

Seb

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've managed to get it to work!!! I put
Rem
bbdoc: My Module
End Rem
at the top of the source file and it seems to have done the job. Please could anyone tell me what other "DocMod" keywords there are other than "bbdoc" and "about".

Perturbatio(Posted 2006) [#9]
This is the top of my AppFuncs module, you can compare it to yours to get it working.

Strict
Rem
bbdoc: Pert.AppFuncs
End Rem
Module Pert.AppFuncs
ModuleInfo "Module: Perturbatio's AppFuncs Mod"
ModuleInfo "Version: 1.01"
ModuleInfo "Author: Kris Kelly (Perturbatio) Portions by Daniel Lurie (LeisureSuitLurie)"
ModuleInfo "License: Public Domain"
ModuleInfo "DocGroup: Pert"

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thanks Pertubatio!