EVENT_GADGETACTION: what caused the event?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/EVENT_GADGETACTION: what caused the event?

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there a possibility to find out, what caused the event to fire?

In special, I need to find out which mouse key was used when a listbox and treeview was clicked but so far I haven't found a usefull possibility. I read somewhere that it could be done using a panel in front which was pushed back using windows z-ordering but I don't want to use this for 2 reasons:

1. Not guaranteed that it won't cause problems somewhen
2. Its Windows only, again not what I want. I didn't buy a crossplattform GUI to be fixed to windows again.

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
I want to change listboxes to work the same as treeviews, so you get:

EVENT_GADGETSELECT when a selection changes (single left click)
EVENT_GADGETACTION when you double left click
EVENT_GADGETMENU when the user uses the right button

I also want to bring back EventZ() maybe as EventModifiers() which in BlitzPlus use to give you the modifiers, so the above events will have the state of the mouse buttons and modifier keys.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#3]
That are good news, thank you for that informations.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#4]
Are there any information on when the inclusion of the ListBox to the mentioned events above will happen?

As listsboxes do not generate mousebutton commands and only gadgetaction is supported, it is quite hard to make intuitive usable lists at the moment.

I do not want to add buttons to add / modify / remove listentries, especially since its done through a PopupMenu on the treeview that controls the lists content.