nice ship shoot effects

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/nice ship shoot effects

hub(Posted 2006) [#1]
for my game i'm searching simple and original ideas for the player ship shoot. (i detect collision with ennemies via imagecollide functions).
Need some ideas !

For example :

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#2]
How about shooting circles or arcs.

I also liked the precision shooting in datastorm/defender where you have a very thin shot so you have to get it dead accurate.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#3]
How about 'aftertouch' like Sensi-soccer and KickOff had. You fire your missile and then have a short amount of time to affect it's trajectory.

hub(Posted 2006) [#4]
@tonyg : i've some guided missiles in the game ;-) i'm searching idea as laser beam. Also something easy to implement. Something with cool effects, beautiful at screen.

i've
green simple beam shoot
Remote missile shoot
green sinusoid ball shoot

semar(Posted 2006) [#5]
@hub,
you may implement a 'firework roket' which later explodes ans spreads several shots in random directions, within a limited range.

An enhanced 'firework roket' would be a roket like above, which 'explodes' more than one time during its travel.

I would blend down the background a little though, because sometime it's hard to distinguish the aliens, expecially when they fly over the planet.

Also a spinning planet would be nice, but would hard to do without 3D module, you know..

Sergio.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#6]
hub, not a homing missile (i.e. fire and forget) but a missile will fly straight unless you hit right/left cursor where it's trajectory bends slightly but not too much. You can't control the flight just influence it slightly.

hub(Posted 2006) [#7]
nice ideas ! Thanks ! i've added a simple arc style shoot and 'dual bullets'.