"Build and Run" button seems the same as "Build"

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/"Build and Run" button seems the same as "Build"

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#1]
When I click "Build and Run," it just builds my EXE. Is this normal? As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter whether I click the rocketship button or the rocketship with flames coming out of the back of it button. Both do the same thing. Compile the program and show me the Output window.

I am using release 1.09, flat assembler version 1.64

Is BlitzMax not performing as expected? Could I have done something wrong?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
The output window is used both for building and running, when you Build And Run you should see additional lines appear in the output window such as "Executing:" followed by the name of your program. Are you on Apple or Windows?

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#3]
Does it never work, or just intermittedly?

You may not be able to launch another copy if you still have another program active. If you do, you may need to click on the stop-sign icon to terminate the current running application.

...Also, any reason you're not using version 1.16? Quite a few fixes compared with 1.09...

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#4]
Oh, god dammit.

YEAH. Yeah, there's a reason. It's because they changed the name of the program from BlitzMax.exe to MaxIDE.exe and I installed over my old directory.

I've been running the wrong app for the past 2 days.

Okay! Time to re-do everything I've tried in the past two days, using the correct app this time.

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#5]
Now it's saying
Build Error: Failed to link C:/BlitzMax/TileStudio/tsbm/Scroll.debug.exe
Just before it says Process Complete. The older version (which I assume was the 1.09 exe, perhaps using tools and libs intended for 1.16) did not do this.

I'm going to delete my BlitzMax directory and do a fresh 1.16 install. I've probabaly got traces of multiple versions overlapping each other, which could be why I've had so much trouble compiling even the simplest of examples...

*sigh* I've been using Windows for too long. :P

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#6]
I'm going to delete my BlitzMax directory and do a fresh 1.16 install.
Good call.

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yay! TileStudio works now! Still can't get SAS Tile Editor examples to compile tho.