user modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/user modules

jkrankie(Posted 2006) [#1]
where do i install modules created by other users? Indiepath very kindly sent me a copy of his render to texture module, but i can't seem to get it to work. I put the module folder in the pub.mod folder, and built the modules, but when i try to run one of the examples i get an error message saying "compile error, couldn't find interface for module 'indepath.render2texture'".

what am i doing wrong?

cheers
charlie

jkrankie(Posted 2006) [#2]
i should also mention i'm using blitzmax 1.14

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#3]
try putting it in the mod folder, not in mod/pub or mod/brl

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yeah it should be Blitzmax/Mod/indiepath.mod

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#5]
Hey Charlie, if you use the module please put a little mention in your credits :D

jkrankie(Posted 2006) [#6]
great, thanks guys, every thing works now. the module,sample code and documentation don't seem to show up in the sidebar though... oh well.

@indepath, of course i would give you a mention, credit where credit is due

cheers
charlie

djdee(Posted 2007) [#7]
Ok guys... i feel like an idiot here... im trying to install the libXML library... So basicly, this is what the instructions say:
-------------------------
Modules can be installed via SYNCMODS (see modules below for availability). This is the preferred installation method, as it saves a lot of unzipping / copying, and automatically replaces the previous version for you. You can install / upgrade a particular module using the following :
syncmods -u your_name -p your_pass bah.MODULENAME
--------------------------

But where do i type that in ? In the Program/Command Line ?? Nothing happens if i do... Someone wanna help me out... ??
Thanx//djdee

Perturbatio(Posted 2007) [#8]
use the command prompt

type cd <path to BM>\bin <ENTER>
then type the command

djdee(Posted 2007) [#9]
thanx :)