Considering BMax for next project

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Considering BMax for next project

Shifty Geezer(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm quite comfortable with B3D now my project is pretty much complete. For my next programming project I'm going to write a simple game. A couple of days on B3D had it running fine, and I have a GUI system I wrote that I'm comfortable using. I'm also going to use ODE and that fits in nicely with my experience.

However, I need eyecandy! Due to the REALLY simple nature of the game and graphics, I want AA and particle effects and shader effects (I want to try my hand at them, having some experience designing shaders for 3D apps). Antialisiing is definitely wanted though, with a professional option to select it.

I've grabbed the demo version of BlitzMAX but am too busy at the moment to really look into it. Looking through the demos they're almost all 2D with negligable OGL demos.

So, can anyone provide links to demos of fancy 3D work for BlitzMAX for me to nose at? And any ODE demos running on BlitzMAX yet? Also can anyone give a rough idea of how easy (or hard!) it is to port B3D libraries.

Many thanks.

PS : I've been using ProteanIDE with B3D. Is there anything similar for BMax? The quality of the IDE is an important aspect for me and the default IDE is pretty smelly IMO!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
there is no official 3D module, so you won't find many fancy stuff with BM and 3D. The only 3D done so far is normally with Irrlicht and for this pictures, you can visit irrlicht.sourforge.net :-)

For BM, there is Blide, which is a very good, free IDE in a similar manner as Protean.