BlitzMax 3D Module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzMax 3D Module

CodeD(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey, I've been gone for a while, I was deployed in Iraq and got back in November. Anyway, whatever happened to the BMax 3D Module. The last thing I saw was a quick demo by Mark using opengl and then that was it. I just checked out the product page and still no mention of the Bmax 3d module. Am I behind the times or are 'we' behind the times? If someone could clue me in I would appreciate it. Also, you can email me at richard.colletta@... if ya want.

As a side note I'm going to Broadcast Journalism school (changing jobs) in March, so that'll be cool, then it will probably be back off to Iraq to run around the hot zone with a heavy armored camera on my shoulders ;)

And oh yeah...did Noel Cower really call it quits or is he still haunting the forums?

Greets: Ckob, Rottbut, Xmlspy, Jeppe Nielson, Wolron, Jhocking (still here?!), Wedoe, Noel Cower, and a whole bunch of other people I've forgotten, dodging car bombs (I seriously did) tends to make you forget mundane things like people's forums names ;)

and new baby on the way (#3) ;) due in July, then I'm getting fixed :(

LarsG(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm afraid there's no official 3D module out..
There are, however, some ports and other engines made by some people; Lookup Irrlicht and DreiDe on this forum..
cYanide is also working on a 3D engine called Dualis3D.. I'm really looking forward to that one (being lucky enough to follow his work).

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#3]
Eliza3D is also a possibility.

There haven't been any news of the official one beside marks worklog entry far over half a year ago ...

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2006) [#4]
Baby no3? You won't be having much time for BMax3D even if it was out. :)

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#5]
Yeah I'm in limbo till the max3d module comes out. I don't wanna use "some ports and other engines made by some people". So I'm gonna go back into hiding until the 3d module is released. :(

ckob(Posted 2006) [#6]
I highly recommend the Irrlicht Wrapper its very powerful.

ckob(Posted 2006) [#7]
and hey how you been :)

Chroma(Posted 2006) [#8]
Pretty good ckob. :)

Got a promotion test I'm studying for atm so that's kinda slowing me down. What are you up to lately?

CodeD(Posted 2006) [#9]
Okay, well...thanks for the 'fo everybody. Oh, sorry I forgot you in the greets Enay...Cheese!!

Sup, Ckob I'm still waiting for Realm Crafter, i know there's a beta module out and they're still beta testing different parts.

It's Sibly Classic:
If there's a demand for something (and esp. if it's easy!) it'll probably get done eventually. This one's easy so look out for it soon.

B3D is probably the best language/engine I've worked with to date and I've worked with a lot.

I'm always trying to find the latest and greatest game engine and it's looking kind of stale right now.

I've seen and used 3D GameStudio A4/A5 and was thoroughly unimpressed. Right now I'm thinking about maybe checking out Torque's new update(s).

Any thoughts on new engines, languages, or blitz related stuff?

Anyhoo, thanks again all.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#10]
Hey Coded. If I send you some money (Large amount) can you tell your superiors that you lost your gun when in fact you will be sending it to me? j/k O.o

Torque Shader Engine is the future at GarageGames so it would be worth checking that out. It's a bit newbie unfriendly but with a bit of dedication you should be able to get a small project going.

There's also 3Impact which you can now use with BlitzMax thanks to gman. gman's also done the irllicht rapper for Bmax which is another engine that pwns.

Antony is working on Trinityv2 which sounds promising, I'll be bugging him for a demo of it when he wakes up tomorrow.

If I were to pick the best and latest engines for gamedev(indies) then I would say TrueVision3d, Torque(all torques, even torque2d owns), and Blitz3d would be the best.

CodeD(Posted 2006) [#11]
Well...uh...you can send me that large amount of money!!
>:)

Thanks again for the tips. ;)

Tim(Posted 2006) [#12]
3impact is nice, but too much money for its features... the techdemos are looking great, but if you've bought it, you want to change it :)

its a nice engine, but you can download irrlicht for free.. and tokamak too.. this would be the best choice for now..
i use 3impact with its ode and im only using it cause i bought it already.. no its a nice engine but needs more updates.. and 100 € is too much!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#13]
TSE is a nice engine, but you need to own Torque as well which makes 250$ even with early adopter on TSE (ie no OpenGL only DX at the moment. Thinking that the regular Torque DX implementation is extremely worse and normally results in white objects, I'm not sure if I would trust TSE ...)

I own TGB to create and prototype 2D stuff. due to its level editor, particle editor etc you can get new ideas running far far faster than with BM and if I see that the idea is worth a real implementation I switch to BM ... :-)

SillyPutty(Posted 2006) [#14]
I have T2D, but it is a mission to get tuorials for it, and most of the tuts are incomaptible due to new releases, it is understandable as it is only EA, but highly frustrating.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#15]
-I made it back from Iraq...and...uh...yep, still have all my limbs...barely!!
Well with baby #3 on the way I'm not surpised the middle limb didn't survive intact :)

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#16]
TDN tutorials are nearly up par. Only a few commands changed but the needed changes are collected in 1 thread :-)