Error Woun't Dissappear

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Error Woun't Dissappear

Blitzogger(Posted 2006) [#1]
As you can see i've converted most of my source code to BlitzMAX. However it keeps giving me "Expected Expression but, encountered end-of-file" error. As you can see from this code, it use absolutely no arrays what so ever. So why am i getting this error? Also at the beginning of my code when i imported it, 2 files were added to be inported. What do these 2 files do?

fixed

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Function MoveBall()

End Ball

Blitzogger(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ok, well now i get "Expression of type 'String' cannot be invoked". Heres the code:
fixed

Its refering AppTitle near the beginning. Any ideas?

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#4]
AppTitle = "whatever"

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#5]
If it's the apptitle you *should* be getting
Identifier Apptitle not found
The command should be
apptitle$="Pong Master 1.0"

<edit> You seem to be fixing these minutes after posting which must have been minutes after getting the problem. It might be less frustrating to take a bit more time checking for a solution before posting.

Blitzogger(Posted 2006) [#6]
Actually i'm fixing them as you post the solution. I just don't want to reveal my full source code online.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#7]
If it's the apptitle you *should* be getting
Identifier Apptitle not found
No it shouldn't. AppTitle is a pre-defined global, so it does exsist. Always.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#8]
Didn't the code say 'apptitle "blah"' rather than 'global apptitle "blah"'? First one is Id not found, second is expression of string etc.
Doesn't matter and not too fussed anyway.

@Dark Mars Software,
Actually i'm fixing them as you post the solution

Which is why I think you might benefit from having a slightly longer look at finding a solution before posting.
No big deal really but might annoy people if they spend a while trying to help only to find you've solved the problem within minutes. Again, I'm not too fussed anyway.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#9]
Didn't the code say 'apptitle "blah"' rather than 'global apptitle "blah"'?
Yes. AppTitle is a Global defined by BRL, in brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz.bmx. So it always exists, whether you declare it or not. It defaults to "BlitzMAX Application".