What language is blitz max

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/What language is blitz max

Midnight_sorrrow(Posted 2006) [#1]
I just bought the softwear and i started having difficulties because it didnt have the exact same language as blitz plus so i would like to know what the language is for blitz max so i can research it and find out more about it

GW(Posted 2006) [#2]
Its BlitzMax, Its both a language and a game development platform. Try the BlitzMax Wiki for more info about the language

bradford6(Posted 2006) [#3]
Blitmax is pig-latin

limax-bay i-say iglatin-pay

ou-yay ould-shay ink-thay bout-ay our-yay rogram-pay

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#4]
Difficult to put in a nutshell:

Blitz2D, 3D and BlitzPlus were pure basic dialects.
BlitzMax still is in some ways, but moves more to the c++ side of coding.

I also had/have difficulties switching.
As the help docs aren't really that great and lack of easy examples.

Overall bmx is much more advanced.

@brad: Now that's a helpful reply.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#5]
BlitzMax still is in some ways, but moves more to the c++ side of coding.
Never used C++, have you?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#6]
I would say BlitzMax was originally a combination of BASIC with some aspects of C thrown in, such as the Type's, etc. In BlitzMax there are some additional features. It is its own language.

kiami(Posted 2006) [#7]
Go to tutorial forum and find and take a look at these two tutorials:
1 - Beginners guide to BlitzMAX from 'wave'
2 - The MAXGUI Beginner tutorial series from 'assari'

The first one teaches you the language, the second one teaches you GUI for MAX, but you need to buy MaxGUI.

My suggestion is to buy MaxGUI and begin your graphic programming using Canvas of MaxGUI. This means, while you learn BlitzMAX, begin to learn BlitzMax's GUI. BUT, I am not expert, and I change my path every now and then by gaining experience.

I think OOP, ploting and access to OpenGL 3D capability, has given BlitzMax the identity of its own.

If you enjoy graphic programming, you won't regret using BlitzMAX - "just a thought not a sermon".