BlitzPlus Import

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/BlitzPlus Import

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all,

How good is the import function on BMax?

I only ask as I'm trying to convert a working BlitzPlus app to Max and seem to be hitting error after error (mainly using types - no suprise there).

I'm not daft enough to assume that it'll run without a little extra tweaking, but would it be easier to start from scratch?

All comments gratefully appreciated.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#2]
I'm not daft enough to assume that it'll run without a little extra tweaking, but would it be easier to start from scratch?
If it doesn't work straight off the bat - yes.

Well okay, starting from scratch is a little extreme, porting it manually is much more sensible.

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yeah, getting there slowly.. got my types working though.

Can I associate 2 different types with 2 different lists?

eg.

atype with alist & btype with blist

Also, getting an "expression must be a variable"

with

entry:String="{ "+winval.ToString()+","+ftr_grn.ToString()+","+ftr_red.ToString()+","+gold.ToString()+","+red.ToString()+","+silver.ToString()+","+Chr(34)+name+Chr(34)+","+entries.ToString()+" },"'

Any ideas?.. or have I gone mad?

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#4]
Solved.

Hotcakes(Posted 2006) [#5]
'Yes' to the different types in different lists question, but you can mix and match them too, it doesn't matter at all, if you have code that detects between the two types.

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#6]
Finally have my app running under Max, not as painful to convert as I initially thought.

Few issues with Types to begin with but the Type Tutorial managed to clear that up.

Regards,

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#7]
I tryed to convert my 15.000 lines app to bmx. Impossible! :/

Yeshu777(Posted 2006) [#8]
Mine was around 600, so not that much involved.

Compiled & ran on Linux first time too.. most impressed.