slices :(

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/slices :(

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#1]
..are useless .. :(

You can't use a variable to resize/manage them. What's the use of nondynamic slicing then?

I made a nice map-object for one 2d layer (typical for zelda'ish maps).. but since I want more than one layer (but I don't know how many!) I want to put each maplayer in an arraymember.. naturally I need to stretch that array when I add a layer.. hence my idea to use something like:

local layercount:byte=2
local maplayer:TMap[layercount]
' add a map
layercount:+1
maplayer[..layercount]

something like this.. (haven't tested this code, but I guess the idea is clear)

shame .. doesn't work.

Tried to store an instance of my map-object as int in a bank, with those Handle commands .. somehow I couldn't get it to work.

I don't like lists for all this.. no option I figure, unless someone explains me how to directly access a listmember of MY choice, without browsing through the whole thing with eachin etc.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#2]
..are useless .. :(
Well you're wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion.

shame .. doesn't work.
Yes it does. You just need to create a TMap (poorly chosen name BTW, you should go with one that isn't taken) instance to put in the new position.

Tried to store an instance of my map-object as int in a bank, with those Handle commands .. somehow I couldn't get it to work.
Don't feel too bad - that's a bad idea anyway.

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#3]
this works:

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#4]
aargh, ok .. bug was mine.. ^_^

TMap was just an example-name here, didn't bother come up with a more official name here.. no worries.