image mask issue ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/image mask issue ?

djdee(Posted 2006) [#1]
Ok this is wierd. I have an image with a background rgb color of 255, 0, 255. I use several other images with the same background, they all work fine with masking. But this one just wont mask. I have tried different blending, changing flags when loading the image, changing background color and maskcolor, i have taken screenshots of the ingame image to check the background color of the image, and guess what the color was ??? 255, 0, 255 So what could it possibly be ?? I even tried making another picture from scratch, and that failed to... this is really mysterious...

djdee(Posted 2006) [#2]
I even imported this image to another fully functional game and it still didnt work.. All other images in the game was made with the same program and had the same background color: 255, 0, 255 Feels like BlitzMax just flipped on me or something... stupid thing to be stuck on....

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#3]
Running in 16-bit by chance? Does it have any alpha information? What Blendmode are you using?

Without the image in question, aswell as some code that reproduces the problem, there's little we can do to help.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2006) [#4]
16 bit and alpha matters yeah, but not 16 bit graphics mode, the image itself has to be 16 bit (masking is performed on pixmaps which don't have 16 bit variants).

djdee(Posted 2006) [#5]
So i found the problem... The image had alpha information, alpha values where at 255, while the functioning images didnt have any alpha information... Thanks for the pointers :)