Png won't display

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Png won't display

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,
I am having trouble getting a .png image to display. I have tried converting this png to bmp but to no avail. The image itself displays fine under Windows.

I have tried another png file and this works just fine.Are there any special considerations when saving pngs for use with BlizMax ? Does TileImage not like images larger than the specified resolution ?

I'm using 1.14 and photoshop for the images.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#2]
This works ->Flake.png

The large png below doesn't work

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
try splitting the image up into smaller ones, your graphics card may not like the dimensions of that image.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#4]
I was hoping to avoid that. Does it work on anyones ? I'll try on Mac Os shortly.It works on an Apple Powerbook under Mac Os X.You were right.Thanks alot.

So it depends on the gfx card right? Is there code to detect if a particular machine will like it or not ?

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#5]
It doesn't display in Windows Blitz on my Radeon 9600, either. However, it does when using tesuji's routines:

Large 2D Image Object

They split an image into tiles for you (256x256 by default, but you can change that if you like) and allow for the tiles to be treated as one image for easy manipulation. They work both in Windows and MacOS (I haven't tried in Linux).

When using 1.14, just comment out the one FlushMem command.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#6]
Great stuff thanks. The Large 2D Image Object example zooms in and out , is there any way to modify it to scroll left to right ?

Bremer(Posted 2005) [#7]
The Large 2D Image Object example zooms in and out , is there any way to modify it to scroll left to right ?

The fields X and Y in the BigImage type controls the offset as far as I can tell.