Makemods

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Makemods

Eric(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have tried to no avail to make a Module. I tried Bot Builders tutorial and it didn't work.

If I just use bmk makemods -a

It goes through all mods and recompiles them, but not mine.

Can anyone tell me the exact steps to make a module.

I must have MinGW installed and the Path set right because I can makemods -a. but it seems to not see the module I used which is the one Bot Builder used in his sample.

Thanks for any help,
Eric

gman(Posted 2005) [#2]
greetings Eric :) make sure the following are correct:

1) if you are locating your mod outside of pub.mod, make sure you have a directory at the same level as pub.mod called something like: mine.mod

2) inside of the .mod folder you are locating your mod in, you must have a folder called something like: "mycoolstuff.mod" where "mycoolstuff" is the name of your mod.

3) the mod you are trying to build must have a BMX file in the root called the same name as your mod. so in the above example, it would be "mycoolstuff.bmx".

4) inside of mycoolstuff.bmx there needs to be a Module line at the top (under any Strict command). in our above example it would look similar to: Module Mine.MyCoolStuff

probably the biggest thing to note is that except for the actual Module line, be sure that everything is lower case. all folder names and the root module filename.

if this doesnt get you past the issue, please post with the mod name you are trying to use and i will put all help in respect to that.

Eric(Posted 2006) [#3]
gman Thanks I finally got around trying what you suggested and it worked thanks.