If you're a beginner like me.....

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/If you're a beginner like me.....

mudcat(Posted 2005) [#1]
Do you guys struggle with everything?I'm seeming to struggle with just about bit of every code I write.Does it get easier?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#2]
You're a beginner with what? Programming? Blitz in general? BlitzMax specifically?

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#3]
BMax is a tad more complex than B+.. because there's more to know. If you need an easy route to start with I'd say: first learn B+.. after that the switch to maxGUI is far easier. Right now you might make a mistake, but how can you tell it's a bmax-style mistake or a GUI/event mistake?

otoh .. do as you please :D

Tom Darby(Posted 2005) [#4]
Of course it gets easier--but it takes (often huge amounts of) patience, practice, and focus. The trick is to take very, very small bites at first, and work your way up to bigger and better things...

REDi(Posted 2005) [#5]
And you can always ask for help on here, most of us are more than willing to offer help and advice to fellow blitzers! (if you ask the right questions in a nice way that is).

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#6]
In the beginning it can be difficult to understand the more advanced concepts but like with anything it does over time get easier to understand, piece by piece.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#7]
Stick at it. BlitzMax actually makes a lot of things easier once you get used to it. You won't look back.

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#8]
Everythings gets easier with will and dedication. Keep practicing and asking anything you don't know ;)