Image Mask?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Image Mask?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2005) [#1]
hiya all

I trying turn the mouse curors to white meaning that you wont see the purple background....

I had look at SETIMAGEMASK but it wasnt that one :(

I wish BlitzMax come with Proper manual book or better documents!

does anyone know about image mask in BlitzMax?

cheers

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
Try SetMaskColor.

JazzieB(Posted 2005) [#3]
I actually don't bother with the mask colour any more. I make use of art packages that can save images with alpha/transparancy and set the blend mode to ALPHABLEND with SetBlend before drawing them in BlitzMax. No need to worry about mask colours and you get lovely anti-aliased edges (provided that you drew to a transparent background layer and used anti-aliased drawing tools, of course).

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't bother either. As long as you don't want to change the maskcolour or are using somebody else's images.
I checked to see if I'd forgotten anything. After making a complete charlie out of myself I didn't get many responses to say "Don't do that"...
CharlieMaker

d-bug(Posted 2005) [#5]
@JazzieB
thats the same way id do it so far, but i had much problems with anti-aliased images :( ... Could you please tell me wich tool you use for this ?

JazzieB(Posted 2005) [#6]
I use Paint Shop Pro 9. When drawing your images make sure that when you create the image that the background colour is transparent. I then just save as PNG.

In BlitzMax, you load the images as normal (the default flags are fine) and when displaying them, make sure that alphablend is enabled...

Global img:TImage=LoadImage("image.png")

SetBlend ALPHABLEND
DrawImage img,300,200
Flip

I generally set ALPHABLEND once just before the main loop and leave it.