COMBOBOX_EDITABLE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/COMBOBOX_EDITABLE

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#1]
Ok, I'll bite...

When we make an editable combo box, how do we get the text?

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
I was going to say the GadgetText$() command but there doesn't seem to be one so TextFieldText$() will have to suffice. I hope...

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#3]
yes i needed this some days ago as well. I didnt try textfiledtext though. hmm

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#4]
TextFieldText was one of the first things I tried.

But alas, like the BMax documentation...
It's a riddle wrapped in an enigma shrouded in mystery

-Jim

Brendane(Posted 2005) [#5]
Are Blitz Research going to listen and make a proper attempt at writing documentation?

I'm no beginner coder, and neither are you guys (Mr Sibly and co) - when you're writing Win32 code, do you curse the MSDN library? I do. Surely you have pride in your work, you've done a brilliant job of putting BlitzMAX together, now make it shine with PROPER documentation.

Time constraints? Hire a professional technical author. I've paid for it. And quite frankly - it's not good enough.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#6]
***BUMP***

I'd realy like to know how to get the text out of a combo box when it is set to Editable.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#7]
***Any one?***
BRL People?

Any takers?

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#8]
I find it hard to believe that the creators of Blitz can't answer this simple question...

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yes, sorry about the initial reply, after a proper look it turns out COMBOBOX_EDITABLE is currently broken, will be fixed in next update.

CoderLaureate(Posted 2005) [#10]
That's cool.

It makes better sense that it's a bug in the application, than simply a poorly documented feature. I can find a workaround for now.