[MaxGUI] Return value

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/[MaxGUI] Return value

degac(Posted 2005) [#1]
Probably a silly question, but is there a method to assign to a gadget (ie: a button) a 'RETURN STRING', so I need to control ONLY if I get the RETURN STRING I want, and no to check if a gadget_event is raised, then check the event_source() and AT LAST perform the action I want?.
There are special or hidden field in the 'gadget type' to perform a such operation, or I need to try for my own?
I was thinking to 'inglobe' into to self made function or modifyed type of MaxGUI this new field/action, but as I see that there are many updates in these days I don't want to waste too much time to re-modifying every time all!

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#2]
Well kind of. But it's pretty convoluted and probably not worth it just yet.

degac(Posted 2005) [#3]
mmmh. I'm trying to make an application with standard GUI and I'm lost remembering ALL the gadget (and there are many!).
This is only an idea to keep 'simple' the event-handling for the final user (like me!).
But no problem...

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#4]
what's "many"?

I can't imagine all those gadgets are unique, they prolly all belong to some group or object. If I know I'd many (100+ ?) gadgets, I'd invest some time in setting-up a system for that. Like a bigger object with its own gadgets, completely managed by that object..