Calling Graphics twice

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Calling Graphics twice

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
If I call Graphics twice in a row (i.e. app starts in full-screen and user then clicks windowed mode) do I need to call EndGraphics in between the Graphics commands to "free" up and resources or is it fine to just call Graphics twice?

thanks

deps(Posted 2005) [#2]
I think it's safe to just call graphics twice. But I should probably put endgraphics there anyway, since I'm a bit paranoid. :)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#3]
Just call it, BMAX remembers everything.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
so YOU say ;-) and how many bugs have you personally found and fixed hmm, quite a lot methinks!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
Actually with the new garbage collector it might chuck them out with the old cat food.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
cats eat some bugs

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#7]
Fascinating.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#8]
Good Question, but catfood is not the answer.

ANYONE?

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#9]
do I need to call EndGraphics in between the Graphics commands to "free" up and resources or is it fine to just call Graphics twice?
Yes you do, but "because of resources" is not the reason. Because Intel (at least, probably others) write @#!*ty drivers, is the real reason.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#10]
It's great how the filter hasn't stopped anyone from swearing once.

Grey Alien(Posted 2005) [#11]
OK, so I'm safer calling it then like I already do. I'm a breed of developer who is "paranoid" but for good reasons. I've been in this game long enough never to ASSUME anything will work properly and that someone else HASN'T @#!*ed it up. I test stuff to find out for sure or if I can't know for sure, do it the safe way anyway.