Modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Modules

KrayzBlu(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've been looking at making my own modules, but I can't seem to get them to work right for me.

I wrote some functions and put then in mod/tss.mod/mathfunctions.mod/mathfunctions.bmx

Then I opened my terminal and put in "bmk makemods tss", to which I got the message: 'bmk: Command not found.' (same thing when I went to the BM directory)

Of course when I try to run my program, I get the error:

ld: can't open: /BlitzMax/mod/tss.mod/mathfunctions.mod/mathfunctions.release.macos.a (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Is this because I'm running 10.2.8 and can't get XCode, or did I do something else wrong?

Thanks,
KrayzBlu

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
To compile modules you need to have XCode or in case of 10.2 you have to go to the Apple page and download the "old" version of it (don't know its name anymore but did that on my girlfriends so the dev package for 10.2 should hopefully still be there.)

KrayzBlu(Posted 2005) [#3]
Project Builder?
Yeah, I've had it for a long time, it dosn't seem to help...

KrayzBlu(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've upgraded to 10.4.3, and installed XCode 2. It still doesn't work. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

eni(Posted 2005) [#5]
Try cd /Applications/BlitzMax/bin/ first (changing path to wherever you have max installed) and then ./bmk if . isn't in your path.

Or simpler still /Applications/BlitzMax/bin/bmk