Error when switching to graphics mode

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Error when switching to graphics mode

TLM(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've updated everything and I still have trouble running this code on my laptop:

Strict
Graphics 640,480
HideMouse

I get an Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Memory Exception Error.

My laptop can run Madden, so I'm not sure why I get this. I updated to the latest BlitzMax and synchronized modules.

Thanks,
Alex

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do you get the error using
strict
setgraphicsdriver glmax2ddriver()
graphics 640,480

?
Is the hidemouse or strict important or does
graphics 640,480

cause the same error?
Which graphics card do you have and what Bmax level are you running?

TLM(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks for the quick response! No, the hide mouse just was in there because I was trying to narrow down the issue and didn't take it out.

With your code I get a compile error: Identifier setgraphicsdriver not found.

---Alex

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#4]
looks like you had a problem updating if you couldn't call that function???

TLM(Posted 2005) [#5]
Oh and the laptop has a S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXC 1179 card. Not sure what you mean by what Bmax level.

I can compile a graphics mode program and run it on my desktop, and my mac mini, but it doesn't run on any laptop in the office.

Thanks,
Alex

TLM(Posted 2005) [#6]
Let me try doing a fresh install. I'll try again and post results, thanks.

TLM(Posted 2005) [#7]
I'm using BMax 1.09, fresh install and I still get the error. Is it misspelled or needs a space somewhere in there by any chance?

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#8]
no, its right.

edit - mabey you need bmax 1.10

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#9]
My laptop with S3 Supersavage has run OK with all levels of Bmax although it doesn't like some DX stuff.
The setgraphicsdriver stuff is fine BUT it came in at 1.10
which is why you can't find it at 1.09.

TLM(Posted 2005) [#10]
Are you able to run this: http://www.lizardmaster.com/tlm/files/helloworlddemopc.zip

I wrote that earlier in the year, but was unable to run on any of the laptops in the office. Just started to get back into this again and wanted to see if I could switch into graphics mode or not still. I'll go grab 1.10 and see if the setgraphicsdriver does it for me. Thanks!

TLM(Posted 2005) [#11]
Never mind, after the upgrade it works with both setgraphicsdriver and without *shrug*. I thought I had updated this machine to the latest, I apologize! Thanks for the help though.

One more question, I can seem to find out, is there a faq on here for posting? I don't know how to get the box around the code.

Thanks,
Alex

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#12]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/faq/faq_entry.php?id=2