Send To Printer

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Send To Printer

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there any way of sending gfx to screen to the printer in Bmax?

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#2]
There are a couple of DLL's about and you can also send it to MSPaint for printing.

The problem comes if you are running fullscreen and there is a problem. E.g. Out of paper or printer off. This can dump you back to windows.

The other problem is if you want to show the printer dialog. Even in windowed mode this seems to mess up the screen while it's open.

Any ideas?

Steve.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ah so you're having problems too Mystik?
I'd be interested to know if this problem can be solved, but I doubt it.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2005) [#4]
Well, the stoney silence to me says that Blitzmax just doesn't cut it.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
BMax is more than up to the task, you just need to know how to do it.

In the case of windows, you need to get the a DC for the printer and then use GDI drawing commands to send the data to it.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi Perturbatio, the main problem is that it doesn't work properly.

As Mystik says there are annoying problems, even with calling a print DLL. Such as screwing up the blitzmax window.

Have you managed to get this working properly?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#7]
I haven't tried yet, but I presume that the display corruption is a result of displaying the printer dialogue, which you don't have to do.

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#8]
I had this problem about 2 months ago. I got round it by passing the image filename to a seperate blitz3d created executable which used a printing dll. Let me see if I can find it...

No< I can't remember for the life of me where I got it from. Probably the blitzcoder showcase. it's not Kanati's, it's another.

This was the only way I could do it becuse I'm not big on the API or anything like that. it worked but it wasn't very pretty.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2005) [#9]
Thanks for the tips. :)