Module build : All hell broke loose

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Module build : All hell broke loose

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#1]
A little help?

I was happily working away on a module of mine and it came time to give it it's first build. All fine. Thought I'd get adventerous and upgrade fasm to v1.64. Tried a recompile, no luck. Thought 'OK, that's strange' and went back to the 1.51 exe. Still nothing. The output in the default IDE:
Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c

Process complete
This is with a complete rebuild; quick build off... and applies to every build I've tried throughout this story. Running 'bmk makemods -a -d -v' from the command line yields:So now I start thinking 'what the hell else did I change'... I have reinstalled BMax, rechecked my PATH and MINGW env vars, reinstalled MinGW... still the same old thing. Oh and I've also deleted my modules directory and done a resync, no luck.

I can compile modules from within Protean AOK. Just not from the default IDE and not from the command line. I'd like to get the default IDE compiling again because it handles error messages better (last time I had an error message while building my module from within Protean gcc crashed, whereas the default IDE pointed me to the appropriate line and said what's wrong... much handier).

Are there temp files or anything that are stored outside of the BMax dir structure? I'm really just totally confused now.