help needed with strange code bug.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/help needed with strange code bug.

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#1]
I don't understand anymore why my code is behaving the way it is. I've gone over the code section by section yet this bug keeps happening. I can't understand it.

I don't want to post the code because it's commercial code. What I would like is someone trustworthy who would be willing to download my whole project and help me identify why I get this strange behaviour in the game.

I'll explain it as best I can.

I have an array that holds the tiles that have droped from the top of the screen. I can move the tiles left and right to place them in different positions. When I place the tiles close to the left or right of the screen they get added to the array and don't cause a problem. If I leave the tiles and they drop near the center of the screen after 3 drops and 3 array placements the bug occurs. You have to see it to understand it. The two close to and far edges work fine but when placing tiles in the center things go loopy.

If someone can help me by downloading my code I would appreciate it greatly.

I think only a pro will suss this.

help!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#2]
We might be able to help you, providing this does not conflict with something we have done or are doing. Have you got a non-disclosure agreement that I could sign?

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sure. You forgot to post a link tho' :o>

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#4]
email sent to you FlameDuck.

Thanks for the offer indiepath. :) I trust Flamey can help me. I hope. :/

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#5]
Check your mail. :o>