Terabits data packer?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Terabits data packer?

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#1]
Whatever happened to Terabits Data Packer that was supposed to be built into BMax? Has anybody ported it to BMax yet?

MPacker is awesome, but I need to be able to create PAKs from within my program.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#2]
Whatever happened to Terabits Data Packer that was supposed to be built into BMax?
First I've heard of it?
There's IncBin, are you thinking of that?

TeraBit(Posted 2005) [#3]
The IncBin is the inbuilt method. It should be easy enough to make your own packer from within BlitzMax if you need to have creation capabilities.

RiK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Would be nice to have a decent packer utility though as it is nice to have the app seperate from the content. Smaller updates etc. then.

Have you actually considered porting your packer to Max lee?

TeraBit(Posted 2005) [#5]
I did to a TeraPak module a little while back, but I never really finished it. Most people seemed pretty content with Molebox, IncBin etc., so I didn't see the point until I need it personally.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#6]
try out filax's packer.

EDIT, d'oh, hehe MPacker is filax's, my bad.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#7]
First I've heard of it?
There's IncBin, are you thinking of that?
Nah, it was Terabit's packer. Several years ago, back when BMax was started and Lee was writing the initial IDE, the plan at the time was to put Lee's datapak functions into BMax. But, a LOT has changed over the years with BMax. I was just curious if it had ever been done.

For what I need, Lee's routines have always been one of the better solutions around due to the ability to create paks from your app and the encryption which helps keep people from cheating in PBEM games.

try out filax's packer.
Hehe, like I said, his is great, but I need to be able to create paks from within my app.

I did to a TeraPak module a little while back, but I never really finished it. Most people seemed pretty content with Molebox, IncBin etc.,
I hear you. I alwyas preferred Molebox for including stuff, too. But, TeraPak rocked for other uses since you could create encrypted paks from within your game/app ;c) Oh well, thanks for replying :c)

Yan(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yeah, I remember all the videos Lee showed at the time. As I recall bank streams were always mentioned as the solution for including media, not that it matters now. :o)

I wonder what happened to that IDE as it was looking pretty good, from what I remember.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#9]
I wonder what happened to that IDE as it was looking pretty good, from what I remember.
100X better than what we ended up with.

Prym(Posted 2011) [#10]
I would like to use files indices and not filename$, to use the Pak() command in ForToNext boucles. Thanks for a solution.
pierre.allary@...

Grisu(Posted 2011) [#11]
The TeraBit Packer rocked. Plus the intro animation was ace.
Ahhh, old memories... :o)

You can use GMan's Zip module to create "data"-files easily.