Are the official docs available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Are the official docs available

MonkeyBone(Posted 2005) [#1]
Just a couple of questions
1. Are the official Docs available for Blitz Max ??
2. Has Mark released the IDE module code yet ??
I'm thinking about buying the program.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
Just Buy It (tm)

You wont be sorry.

1.) There are docs, which are getting an overhaul shortly, I have had no problems with the "current" docs though.
2.) Shortly I guess

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#3]
1. They are in the IDE
2. I assume as part of the official GUI module as you have no use for the code without anyway (its done with it)

RiK(Posted 2005) [#4]
The current documentation is somewhat lacking and really needs a fair bit of work to bring it up to scratch. It is however getting better and we have been promised an update for the next release..

My biggest gripe is the attitude of "it's ok, you've got the source code" or "there's always the Wiki" which seems to be the default response from a lot of people. Neither of which are really acceptable solutions.

Yes there is a great community built up around Blitz, but never the less it is still a commercial product and as such it is the official documentation, supplied by BRL, that needs to be sorted rather than relying on a bunch of enthusiasts to 'figure it out'.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#5]
I agree with Rik. The docs are not as good as those in B3D for example. Still Bmax is well worth it's price.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#6]
B3D Docs needed their time as well ... compared to the few months BM is out the docs have come quite further as they include OO stuff as well since 1.10 :-) (which was previous source-search only)

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#7]
Just remember that bmax is still a new product, give it time.

RiK(Posted 2005) [#8]
Just remember that bmax is still a new product, give it time.

Max was released in mid-December 2004. It's now mid-August 2005.

I'd say that 8 months was a reasonable amount of time, wouldn't you...

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#9]
not entirely, no

some products remain in EA for longer than that.