Blitz Plus compatibility

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Beginners Area/Blitz Plus compatibility

Leon Brown(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've been writing a game in Blitz Plus and would like to convert it to Blitz Max. There's a few issues, such as the disappearance of the Data command; I heard that there was a tool with Blitz Max that would help convert code - does anyone know about this?

Also, does anyone know if the demo version is using OpenGL - it runs fine on one machine, but really slow on another.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
1. BM IDE can import old code. But old code works quite bad as procedural programming does.
Beside that, don't forget that BM is not event based nor does it have GUI

2. Data still exists. Check defdata, readdata and restoredata in the help.

3. If the demo is pre 1.10 it uses OpenGL else you can choose between both. If you have a somewhere usable card for 3D (IE GF2+) you shouldn't have a problem with OpenGL with actual drivers. As you can't create exes you don't have to worry about have it running on others systems

Leon Brown(Posted 2005) [#3]
That's great. I'm writing an eduaction game and am using a 750Mhz P3 laptop as the main machine to write the game. The intended audience, schools, will not use the latest machines, so it's important that the game can run on fairly low specs and minimal need for 3D specs.

Shagwana(Posted 2005) [#4]
Imagebuffers() from blitz+ are gone in bmax, however you can still edit the contence of a image but at a slower speed.