Cls
	DrawPoly tri
	DrawPoly tri2
	DrawPoly tri3
	Flip
Wend

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#2]
undocumented language feature
Unfortunately there are a lot more of them as well. Here are a couple more.

lonnieh(Posted 2005) [#3]
:..
D

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#4]
Nice find, Ed!

Oddball- Maybe it's the negative waves, man, but that link doesn't work for me, baby. I would like to see those other undocumented features.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#5]
And line breaks are one of those features I *REALLY* wanted! How dare it not be documented.

I demand nothing immediately! :)

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#6]
Oddball- Maybe it's the negative waves, man, but that link doesn't work for me, baby. I would like to see those other undocumented features.
Don't get me wrong I really like Max. I just think the documentation really lets it down. Some really useful features, like compiler directives and line breaks, don't get a single mention in the docs. And I'm still not sure what Alias does exactly.

Red(Posted 2005) [#7]
where did you found Alias ?

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#8]
where did you found Alias ?
It's in the thread I linked too, but seen as the link isn't working for you here are couple of quotes from that thread.

MrCredo
alias

are undocumented yet... please fix this Mark

Dreamora
Alias: If I remember correctly just to rename functions

However, I don't seem to be able to get Alias to do anything.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#9]
However, I don't seem to be able to get Alias to do anything.
How odd. I get a compile error. Doesn't highlight in the editor either...

BTW, if the link isn't working for people, inspect the domain. It's pointing to blitzbasic.com. If your login cookie is associated with another domain ( blitzbasic.co.nz or blitzmax.com for example ) change the domain in the URL and it should work for you.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#10]
Post links as, eg. /Community/posts.php?topic=49343 (with starting slash) to avoid that cross-domain login error.

Jams(Posted 2005) [#11]
Post links as, eg. /Community/posts.php?topic=49343 (with starting slash) to avoid that cross-domain login error.

Tried all of the above.. still getting an internal error

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#12]
Cheers all - I'm very much pro Blitzmax, but I have to agree regarding the docs -they're probably the worst I've seen with any language.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#13]
Yeah I agree. I know several people who won't buy it simply because they haven't got any decent documentation.

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#14]
they're probably the worst I've seen with any language.
Haven't been around long, have you?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#15]
Ha! Sometimes it feels like I've been around too long.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#16]
some other undocumented stuff:

local a@ 'byte
local b@@ 'short
local c%% 'long
local d## 'double
local e$z 'c-string type - work only with (extern?) function declarations

EOF(Posted 2005) [#17]
You can also place bookmarks in the source using '#
'# bookmark here
Although it only seems to work on the first line (under Win32 IDE).

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#18]
'#' Is documented as a data and Goto label. It's in the section Help/Language/BASIC compatibility.

xMicky(Posted 2005) [#19]
I'm not sure whether to use undocumented language features. May they have only experimental or timely character and will be gone with next update of blitz max so then your code leaves you with an error behind ?

rod54(Posted 2005) [#20]
I get a compile error saying cant convert int array to float array

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#21]
I'm not sure whether to use undocumented language features. May they have only experimental or timely character and will be gone with next update of blitz max so then your code leaves you with an error behind ?
Line breaks and compiler directives are both used in the official modules so I don't think they'll disappear in a hurry. Unless BRL like rewriting half the mods.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#22]
Are you sure line breaks are undocumented? I knew about them... they've been there since the first public beta...

degac(Posted 2005) [#23]
try to press CTRL and wheel mouse while you are in BMAX IDE (program text area): it seems to zoom out/in and indent automatically...

EOF(Posted 2005) [#24]
So it does. Thats clever. Good find.

degac(Posted 2005) [#25]
probably wrong forum, but if you call a RequestFile() or Confirm() command (or any other in System.Mod) you need to use BEFORE the command, the instruction WAITSYSTEM() to tell Bmax that it must wait a user decision.
If not, your program run in a wrong manner.

Of course I spent more than 2 hours to find where BMAX wrongs!!! Thanks to the hyper-documented help file (this is ironc!)